Thursday, February 17, 2005

Me & Crystal Meth

My sister, Lethal, is feeling ill. I offered to embark on a mission of mercy to Walgreens so I could purchase various cold and sinus medications for her. True to my word, I did this. I chose four different products and proceeded to the checkout. The checkout was where I became the very source of controversy.

"You're buying too much cold medication," the checker told me.

Really? I didn't realize you could ever buy too much. I mean, really. And who the hell is Walgreens to tell me what I can and cannot do? The checker carried on a hushed conversation with another employee and then told me, again, I was buying too much and I needed to visit the pharmacy to buy more. So, I followed her to said apothecary.

It was there the good pill-distributor demanded to know why I was trying to purchase so much cold medication. I wanted to say, "Because this shit never works like it claims." Instead, I patiently explained it was for my suffering sister, who was suffering at that very moment, by the way. "Well," the pharmacist (pill pusher) interrogated, "don't you know that this much ephedrine is used to manufacture crystal meth illegally?"

Well, damn. No I did not. I've never thought about crystal meth production before and all the possibilities it could hold for my life, but I am powerfully curious now. Here is a link to an especially helpful website I found:

Julia Child's Meth Recipes & More

I feel like I should put a disclaimer here, but those are on the website itself. Honestly, though, if nobody had ever tried to prevent me from buying cold medication, it never would have occurred to me. Jackasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home